The Blue Economy Principles
The Blue Economy Principles:
1.Solutions are first and foremost based on physics. Deciding factors are Pressure and Temperature as found on site.
2. Substitute something with Nothing – question any resource regarding its necessity for production.
3. Natural systems cascade nutrients, matter and energy – waste does not exist. Any by-product is the source for a new product.
4.Nature evolved from few species to a rich biodiversity. Wealth means diversity. Industrial standardization is the contrary.
5. Nature provides room for entrepreneurs who do more with less. Nature is contrary to monopolization.
6. Gravity is main source of energy, solar energy is the second renewable fuel.
7.Water is the primary solvent (no complex, chemical, toxic catalysts).
8. In nature the constant is change. Innovations take place in every moment.
9. Nature only works with what is locally available. Sustainable business evolves with respect not only for local resources, but also for culture and tradition.
10. Nature responds to basic needs and then evolves from sufficiency to abundance. The present economic model relies on scarcity as a basis for production and consumption.
11. Natural systems are non-linear.
12. In Nature everything is biodegradable – it is just a matter of time.
13. In natural systems everything is connected and evolving towards symbiosis.
14. In Nature water, air, and soil are the commons, free and abundant.
15. In Nature one process generates multiple benefits.
16. Natural systems share risks. Any risk is a motivator for innovations.
17. Nature is efficient. So sustainable business maximizes use of available material and energy, which reduces the unit price for the consumer.
18. Nature searches for the optimum for all involucrated elements.
19. In Nature negatives are converted into positives. Problems are opportunities.
20. Nature searches for economies of scope. One natural innovation carries various benefits for all.
21. Respond to basic needs with what you have,introducing innovations inspired by nature, generating multiple benefits, including jobs and social capital, offering more with less: This is the blue economy!
Visit Count: 214